Many users where requesting options to retrieve profile data from the current user into a Nintex Form.
With SPServices we already had the option to get user profile data in forms, the new version of Nintex Forms just makes it easier.
Create Form variables
I find it easy to make calculations in Form Variables so let's go there.
- Click on Add and give the variable a logic name, for Manager we choose Manager
- Click in the Formula field on Formula Builder button
- On the tab Runtime Functions, all the way down is the userProfileLookup
- Double click to add to the formula
- Insert the cursor between the parentheses
- Click on the Common tab and double click on Current User
- Set the cursor after Current User and type ,"Manager"
- The full Formula is now: userProfileLookup(Current User,"Manager")
- Click op OK and Save.
Add a Calculated Value to the form, double click it to configure.
- Click on the Formula Builder icon
- Click on the Form Variables Tab, double click Manager and click op OK
- Save the Calculated Value and Publish the form.
In the form below the Current User is bakery\markoz and the manager is bakery\aprils